Walks organised by the Castlerock WalkFest as part of the Castlerock Community Association (CCA) have Public Liability Insurance via the CCA.
This is not a personal accident insurance, participants on walks are responsible for their own Health and Safety, and the safe keeping of their equipment, clothing and belongings.
Participants on walks should follow the advice/instructions of the Walk Leader in order to minimise any risk to themselves and other participants.
Stout shoes with a good grip or walking boots should be worn along with weather proof clothing.
Dogs are not allowed on walks.
Walks should not pose any problems or hazards but walkers must be aware of their health issues and they take the walk at their own risk. Issues might include:
- heart disease or chronic bronchitis, asthma or emphysema
- chest pain in the past month or when physically active
- dizziness or have had loss of consciousness
- joint or bone problem that is made worse by a change in your physical activity level
- any long standing illness/disability that affects day-to-day activity.
If your condition changes on a walk tell the Walk Leader.